No price appears on any materials from William E. Wenstrom, Jr. Bible Ministries. Anyone who desires Bible teaching from this ministry may obtain them without charge or obligation. Freely we have received from God, freely we must give. God provides the Word of God free of charge and we would like to reflect His grace.
This ministry operates entirely from voluntary contributions. When gratitude for the Word of God motivates believers to give they have the privilege of contributing to the disseminations of Bible doctrine.
Send Checks to
|Wenstrom Bible Ministries
P.O. Box 112
Marion, IA 52302
Online Donation (PayPal)
Why Wenstrom Bible Ministries Does Not Charge Money for Audio and Video Online, CD’s, Publications, Music, etc…
I have often been asked as to why I do not charge for my teachings on CD, my music on CD, publications and the audio and video of our classes that are all on our website. This article is designed to address this question.
First of all, I do not charge for my materials so that you and others around the world can benefit from them free of charge. You can stream them, download them, copy them, and give them to others—for free. I don’t just permit you to do it. I encourage you to do it!
- Wenstrom Bible Ministries exists to spread the gospel. Our mission is to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ throughout the world. We could make more money if we sell the sermons. But we believe that over the years hundreds of thousands more people will read our written materials, both online and publications, will listen to or watch our sermons if we don’t charge money for them. Now Romans 10:17 teaches “faith comes by hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.” If more people hear the word of Christ, then, more people might get saved, and more Christians might grow spiritually.
- Wenstrom Bible Ministries exists to serve the body of Christ. All over the world there are Christians who benefit from access to our teachings. Many are in other parts of the world such as Africa who have no money. By not charging for our materials, we help these individuals. Here are just a few examples of the innumerable ways this ministry can serve the body of Christ:
- Seminary students in Africa have ordered our books and music and teachings on CD. Many in Africa and Pakistan access our website and download materials, both written, audio and video. If we charged for our teachings they would not be able to receive our materials. By not charging for our materials, these individuals in Africa reduce the risk that they will be exposed to government internet monitors by eliminating the registration and financial transaction process.
- Another way, we are serving the body of Christ is that university students in America are burning our teachings on CD and giving them to dorm mates and teachers.
- Wenstrom Bible Ministries seeks to remove obstacles, which hinder the spread of the Gospel. Since spreading the Gospel is our first and overwhelming purpose, we look to the apostle Paul’s example of how to remove obstacles to this goal. In 2 Corinthians 2:17 he says, “We are not, like so many, peddlers of God's word, but as men of sincerity, as commissioned by God, in the sight of God we speak in Christ.”
In Paul’s day, as in ours, many used the Word of God as a means to profit financially. Consequently, they discredited the gospel and gave legitimate ministries a bad name.
Paul was zealous to distance himself not only from this motive, but also from the appearance of it. He was persuaded that appearances of peddling the gospel would put a stumbling block in the way of the gospel. It would make it harder for people to see the true nature of the message and the Savior.
This is why he wrote in 1 Corinthians 9:6–7, 12, “Is it only Barnabas and I who have no right to refrain from working for a living? Who serves as a soldier at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard without eating any of its fruit? Or who tends a flock without getting some of the milk? . . . Nevertheless, we have not made use of this right, but we endure anything rather than put an obstacle in the way of the gospel of Christ.”
Similar to Paul, we discern the Lord’s call on us to offer the preaching of the gospel without charge in order to remove obstacles.
Here are some plausible examples:
- Imagine a Christian who, following the death of a family member, points ten unbelieving relatives to our website. They would never listen to the gospel, but might, in a time of grief, listen to one of our sermons on death or suffering with no more effort than a mouse click. One or two of them might browse the website, opening up a whole new world of connections for ministry.
- Furthermore, imagine someone who would never pay to listen to a sermon or even attend a church, because of a negative past experience, listening to a free message online or listening to a free message on CD, or reading a free book because a coworker or family member recommended it—and getting saved!!!
It’s for countless possible scenarios like these that we are choosing not to charge money for our materials at Wenstrom Bible Ministries. When the Word of Christ came into the world, it came without cost to the hearers. Jesus said to his disciples when he sent them out to preach, “You received without paying; give without pay” (Matt. 10:8). That’s what we wish to do with our teaching here at Wenstrom Bible Ministries! The Lord Jesus didn’t charge for His teachings, why should we?!!!
How Will We Pay for These Free Materials?
It cost money for Paul to preach the gospel in Corinth. But he did not ask for money from the relatively wealthy Corinthians so that they wouldn’t stumble over any appearance of profiteering. Instead he trusted God to provide for his needs through the work of his own hands, as well as through the financial support of Christians in other cities who partnered with him in the spread of the gospel. We love his example.
In order to pay for the costs of sustaining our ministry, we have resolved to trust God to provide us with the financial and material resources by those who believe in our teaching and are led by the Spirit to financially support it.
This work is continually expanding. We are daily adding new sermons and written materials to our website. We are writing more books and recording more music. We have faith that God will move His people to give to our ministry through the Holy Spirit. I thank all of you who have supported this ministry with your time, your spiritual gift, your finances and prayers. I look forward to continue to work with you in reaching millions of people with the greatest message of all time, the gospel of Jesus Christ!